Monday, March 14, 2011

FAIL to PLAN !!!

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. But does planning really work? Certainly hasn't worked for me most of the times. Even to this day I have tens of to do lists, resolution plans, goal planning documents that I end up creating after some or other self-introspection session. But none of them seem to ever strike a done deal. In fact, more of such lists keep on adding every few days and somewhere in the middle I lose track of them.

So is planning an art or a science? Does the problem lie in the way I plan or is implementation the tricky part? Or am I lacking determination or enthusiasm or motivation? What is it that will provide me the satisfaction of at least one all green to do list. I have some great planner friends and they have bestowed me with their best planning tips now and then. I have tried to follow most of them and yet what is constant is incompletion. How do you "just do it" after all?

Or is planning not everybody's cup of tea. Some people just live life as it comes with few guilty moments of not being able to attain perfection due to lack of proper planning, but still do happily without it most of the times. Do the people who plan and implement well ever feel guilty about anything that happens due to expert planning. Are planned quality results with almost always knowing what to do, better than the fun of acting at impulse and sometimes doing away with some after effects. Or is there a planned list of things that "should" be planned and things that "may" be planned. We all consciously or unconsciously plan several things in our heads if not on paper but how much of it is enough?

What works best when planning doesnt? I think its high time I plan about it...

3 comments:

  1. This deserves an entire blogpost in response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know and I am looking forward to it my most efficient planner friend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brought up several important points in this post - I could only answer two of them as of now.
    Please check: http://minimalmausam.blogspot.com/2011/03/two-most-pressing-issues-with-planning.html

    ReplyDelete