Monday, December 20, 2010

DREAMS....


My favourite quote about dreams....the kind that one wishes to work hard for and bring true is:

“Dreams are not those you get while sleeping. Dreams are those that don't let you sleep”

It may sound extremely metaphorical but anyone who has had a Real dream must have practically liven this quote. I have. I remember having a significant job interview and a comparatively trivial decision of having my home selected as an entry for an interior designing website, both happening almost the same day. And I found myself sleepless at nights thinking how wonderful my simple bedroom would look on the website I browse everyday, instead of burning midnight oil over anticipating job interview questions. And there was another sleepless night when I had unofficially received my first interiors project of designing a friend’s cousin’s daughter’s room. And then many sleepless hours and nights of excitement when I was doing up my own home - my dream project.

Such is the power of dreams. They creep through behind your eyes when you are day dreaming about how you want your life to be and before you know they capture your mind so strongly that all you know, all you have and all you want to know and have revolves around this dream.

I believe every individual should have a dream like this or what they call - “the greater calling”. Its a shame that we become so busy running the rat race that we get detached with even our own self. We hardly find or more significantly realise the need to make time to find our greater calling. Sure, some dreams may not be capable of paying one’s bills or bringing meals to the table but they are a very good (in my case, the best) way to know and stay connected with oneself. I have a dream and though I dont know when it will come true but I am protecting it. Everyday like a little plant I am nurturing it, watering it and whenever I find time fertilizing it so that it does not die before I do. I know one fine day when the time is right, beautiful lavender flowers will bloom out of it. I can see that in my mind’s eyes where it all began.

There are small dreams and then there are big dreams. But one that captures all - make that dream your “dream” no matter how big or small. Even if you feel you will never be able to make it there, dont lose it. Just protect it because every single day when you do so, you unknowingly start working towards it in your own simple tiny ways. And soon it becomes a part of your life. And it is way better to live your dream in bits and pieces everyday rather than losing it forever. Who knows your dream might like you liking it so much that it might come true for you...

2 comments:

  1. That was inspirational!
    Do you have any advice for people who aren't sure of what their big or even small dreams are?
    Do you plan to dedicate this blog to dreams/inner callings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ritu. Sorry for answering this so late.
    Being the blessed one knowing what my small or rather big dream is, it is very difficult for me to advise anyone who doesnt. But I guess not knowing it might be because we have lost touch with our own selves in the hullabaloo of the world of always doing what NEEDS to be done rather than what we WANT to do. May be finding some time for developing that connection with oneself again, being truly conscious of one's thoughts might help.
    And about this blog, I just pen down my cluttered thoughts here to make them better more understandable. So I guess, this will always be a spread of varied thoughts...Thanks for finding the time to read it...
    Happy Living !!!

    ReplyDelete